Tips for Advanced Legislation Search:
- There are a lot of features to help narrow your search, explore what they are and can do.
- You are looking for "Bills" specifically, not "Resolutions"
- On the Results page, you can use filters on the left side to narrow your results as well.
- Remember to set "Sort by" to "Date of Introduction - Newest to Oldest" to find the most recent bill Sponsored or Co-sponsored by your Representative or Senator on the "Legislation Sponsored or Co-sponsored" page on Congress.gov
Tips for the Congressional Record
- simply searching for a congress-person's name will not automatically give you results for when they spoke.
- Use their congress.gov "Member " page and select "See this Member's Remarks in the Congressional Record" OR
- use the "Member Remarks in the Congressional Record" filter on a search-results page.
- You will need to look at the text of the document to find out what the person in question spoke about. Ctrl+F can search for a word within a page.