If you have problems with a database log-in from home, here are some tips to help you trouble-shoot on your own (which is an excellent skill for college and life).
- double check the password you are using. Some passwords have to change from year to year. Remember: they are on a Google Doc.
- try a different browser (FireFox, Chrome, Edge, Safari, etc.), or clearing your 'cookies' or 'cache'.
- are you using a "search widget" (i.e. directly searching from a search box on a libguides page)? Sometimes those don't work like we want them to, so try going directly to the database first, which should ask for a password, and then searching from there.
- are you using a URL you copy-pasted while at school? If so, try going to the database first, which should ask for a password, and then using details from the citation you made for the article (title, author, source, container, etc) to re-find the article. (you did make a citation first, right?)
- Make sure you're starting in the right place: the CCHS Library Website. Googling for "Gale" or "Ebsco" or "SIRS" might not get you where you need to be.
After you've tried some of these options, if you are still having trouble...
Contact your Librarian. On any "Digital Learning Days" the Central Catholic High School Librarian will be reachable via email. When you contact the librarian, please include the following information...
- What database you tried to use
- Where you found the password
- How you tried to get to that database (a URL link is helpful)
- What troubleshooting methods you have already tried.